Welcome to the Professional Development page! Children’s Friend provides high quality professional development opportunities to all of our staff, board members, interns and volunteers, as well as to others in the child welfare, nursing, and early childhood fields. We share our expertise by providing training and a wide variety of learning opportunities through an expansive network of facilitators and partners.
The underpinnings of Professional Development are grounded in evidence-based practice and built on a foundation of depth, dosage, and duration. We work hard with our highly-skilled cadre of facilitators to ensure that the agency provides participants with:
- Opportunities to develop and enhance skills through a variety of forums, methodologies, and mixed- media formats
- Hands-on, interactive training that respects recent research and the spectrum of adult learning needs
- Content driven by established core competencies connecting multiple fields
- Opportunities to earn CEUs or Approval Codes for compliance with licensing and regulatory requirements for positions that require licensure
- A community of like-minded learners
For more information contact Stanley Kuziel at 401.721.6439 or firstname.lastname@example.org.