As we say farewell to 2019 and welcome the start of a new decade, we at Children’s friend wish you all health and happiness.
This time of year it is important to take care of ourselves and take some precautions to keep ourselves and our families healthy. According to the Rhode Island Department of Health, the flu (influenza) is widespread in Rhode Island.
A simple step you can take to reduce your chances of becoming infected is to practice good health habits. The Rhode Island Department of Health recommends following good health habits which include:
- Hand washing with warm water and soap throughout the day.
- Sneeze or cough into your elbow. Coughing and sneezing into your hands is more likely to spread infectious diseases.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose or mouth to prevent the spread of germs.
- Keep surfaces clean by wiping them down with a household disinfectant.
- Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids, and eat nutritious foods.
Additional information regarding the flu and other health and safety tips can be found at:
Ron Contreras, Chief of Finance