Healthy Families America is a national evidence-based maternal and child home visiting service. HFA pairs expectant mothers or families with newborns with a Family Support Worker, who provides free home visiting services to the family and their child until the child’s fourth birthday.
- Build and maintain partnerships in communities that engage families in home visiting, either prenatally or at birth
- Promote and strengthen positive parent-child relationships
- Promote positive growth and development in children
- Build strengths of families and their protective factors
Who is eligible?
- Pregnant women
- Families with newborns (3 months of age or less)
- Families must meet program eligibility requirements; exemptions can be provided on an individual basis to families