At Children’s Friend, employees don’t need to wait until the weekend or after-work hours to practice self-care and personal wellness. With a workforce that is heart-fully dedicated to caring for others each day, the leadership team at Children’s Friend makes it a priority to offer opportunities for the caregivers, to care for themselves.
Throughout the year, employees can participate in a variety of self-care and wellness programs right at our worksites. Stop into the boardroom for a mindful meditation session, get involved in a walking challenge, take an evidence-based healthy lifestyle program, improve your finances with an educational program, relieve stress with afternoon Yoga or try a healthy snack in the break area.
The organization prioritizes employee well-being by offering excellent benefits, a healthy work environment, and meaningful work. The Employee Health and Wellness Committee works hard to offer diverse, innovative and relevant programs that match employee interests and needs.
Prioritize your self-care and wellness by making it a part of your workday.
- Add variety into your lunch break. Have coffee with a work friend, or go for a walk, or make a phone call to catch up with a friend or loved one.
- Have a walking meeting and get fresh air and activity while being productive.
- Bring nutritious food that will help keep you energized throughout the day.
- Be mindful of the task at hand to minimize stress.
- Practice good communication with your supervisor
- Participate in an activity offered by the Health and Wellness Committee to foster social, emotional, financial or physical wellness.
Employers are in a unique position not only to promote a safe work environment but to support individual health and a healthy work environment as well. Our programming was recently recognized by Providence Business News as the #1 Healthiest Employer in RI in our size category. Self-care is instrumental in achieving this goal, and something we plan to continue and expand.
Julie Colangeli, MEd, PHR
Benefits and Wellness Specialist